The Aurora Audio Recording Preamp is something that I have been working on for quite sometime now. It started as I moved away from Amp heads and started downsizing my rig.
I had input from the Metal Musicians community on what they thought would be handy features. My goal was to both downsize my rig from the SLOclone and also have a solid recording tone without having to use plugins whilst also having an amp rig.
So feature wise it has:
- Single channel inspired by the Soldano SLO
- Transformer Isolated Dry Output with Phase switch to capture the guitar DI for reamping
- Lossless LND150 based Effects loop to integrate with my GSP1101 for versatility
- Built in overdrive circuit based on the Paul C Timmy
- Built in 5 band GEQ based on the MKIIC+ for tone shaping
Overall I would say it was a complete success. I can no grab DI tracks and the tone from the preamp at the same time completely avoiding using Vst plugins so I spend more time recording rather than trying to not sound like crap and it also sounds incredible through the rack.
I’ve chose a few pictures that I also used for the build guide for the PCB set that i made to do this that is up for sale.
A set of 3 PCBs to build this preamp are available in the store.
And here is a quick clip. More to come